Hiring A Limo Service: Some Tips For Success
August 7, 2014
Most big events involve some degree of drinking. It’s rarely a choice to drive home intoxicated. It’s not only putting you, your passengers, and other drivers in danger, it might just easily initiate an arrest for DUI. Don’t put yourself in that profession. Having limo services there to pick you up will remove that temptation you have to minimize your state of inebriation and “chance it.” Millions of people die on the highways each year, many of whom could possibly alive were it not for enhancing alcohol into the driving scenario. Don’t become a statistic.
Get a Ride
If you’ve known someone that has had a DUI, then you know how just how financially painful a DUI can be. Clearly, you should avoid a DUI at all costs! Consider how much cheaper and safer it is to take a taxi, bus, or heck, even a limo. By now you realize that you could take a dozen limousine rides and not spend nearly as much as a single DUI.
The best two ways to avoid a DUI are to either not drink or not drive. So let someone else do the driving.
We have lots of tips on getting around town without driving. Our first tips involve your phone.
• Many phones these days come with GPS mapping you can use for directions. If your phone has this feature, learn how to use it to find your way home.
• It costs around a buck, but dialing #TAXI from your cellphone will get you connected to the nearest taxi anywhere in America and Canada.
This creates a perfect segue to our Taxi tips…
• Write your address down on a piece of paper and put it in your pocket. You can hand it to the Taxi driver who takes you home.
• Put a contact in your cell phone for the local taxi. Make the first character of the contact name a SPACE “ “ so it will appear first in your contact list.
• Be nice to your driver. Your driver may be saving your life.
Public Transportation Tips
Before you go out:
• Plan your route home BEFORE you go out. Write it down and put it in your pocket.
• Have whatever change, tokens, passcards, or money you need counted out and keep it in the same pocket.
• Don’t put anything else in that pocket. That’s your “Going Home Pocket”.
When you’re ready to go home:
• Remember that you made a plan and stick to it.
• Use your Going Home Pocket
• Try to read every transportation sign (ie, platform numbers, station names, street names) THREE times and check it against your planned route.
There’s an App for That
• Ridesharing apps like Uber, Lyft, and Sidecar are available in many metropolitan areas. They offer a convenient alternative to the traditional taxi with better communication. Some let you rate and choose your driver.
• Check availability and sign up for service through one of these apps BEFORE you need to actually use it.
• Don’t wait till you’ve been drinking to enter credit card info for anything!
• Search for discount codes. You can usually find a discount code good toward your first time use of these apps/services.
• Enter your discount code when you sign up.
What if I’m drunk and I NEED to get home WITH my car?
You did it anyway! You went out in your car, and you got drunk – too drunk to drive. Now you’ve got to get yourself and your car home safely. There IS a way! Depending on where you live, there may be a “Designated Driver Service” available in your area that will come to where you are and drive you and your car home, usually for a fee. If these services are available in your area MAKE SURE YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM! Check out the National Directory for Designated Drivers and see if this valuable service is available to you.
Why stop there when you can PLAN a special evening in a limo.
• Plan the evening’s events with the driver beforehand. Make the plan and stick to the plan.
• Once you are drunk in the limo, just remember…
• Keep the windows closed
• Don’t stand up through the sunroof
• Don’t distract your driver
How much in respect to the price? Just how much are you paying to use a the south florida area limo?This could be the first thing you ponder because you can only afford so really. Remember, you prepared to pay based on how long you ought to the limo as well as the vehicle you decide. Make sure you compare prices from several services make sure that you the best deal from an established South Florida Limo Company.
Experienced professional chauffeurs, a dedicated office staff, expert maintenance technicians and a fleet of brand new 2012 and 2013 executive sedans and stretch limousines are a few of the qualities that make ABC Limousine a leader in ground transportation for all of South Florida including Miami Limousine services, Fort Lauderdale Limousine Services, and Palm Beach Limousine Services.
CATERING TO MIAMI LIMO SERVICE, FORT LAUDERDALE LIMO SERVICE, AND PALM BEACH LIMO SERVICE.
ABC Limousines also welcomes corporate clients who need dependable and knowledgeable ground transportation service for their South Florida business trips, along with the convenience of direct billing. For all of your miami limousine and airport transportation needs ABC Limousine can provide exceptional limousine and airport services in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and South Florida area. If you have any questions regarding limousine and airport transportation for a Miami Limousine service or Ft Lauderdale Limousine service do not hesitate to call us today.